Q. How do I report a noise complaint in the Hunt Library?



While a certain amount of noise can be expected in common areas of a busy library, there are occasions where excessive noise can be addressed. To make a complaint about disruptive noise in the library, please see the staff at either the Borrow Desk on the 3rd floor or the Ask Desk on the 4th floor. The communication options from the Ask a Librarian service may also be used.

Note: Students needing dedicated quiet space for study are encouraged to use the Quiet Study Room (Room 447) at the end of the hall past the library elevator and the restrooms.

For more information on Hunt Library's noise policies, see the Hunt Library Code of Conduct.

links & files



Need quick answers to short research questions? A librarian is ready to help.

Chat with a librarian


Need in-depth research help? Email a librarian and expect a response in 1 business day.

Email a librarian


Need to meet with a librarian? Schedule a one-on-one online meeting.

Schedule a meeting

More Help Options

Phone: 386-226-7656 Toll-free: 800-678-9428 Text: 386-968-8843