A. Answer Last Updated: Jun 08, 2022 Views: 2
Students, staff and faculty are welcome to post flyers on the 4th floor notice board (located near the restrooms) that adhere to the Student Union Advertising policies. Please read the policies below before placing flyers on the notice board. The library will discard any flyers or posters that do not comply to the guidelines.
STUDENT UNION BUILDING POLICIES
All advertising must be reviewed and approved.
This policy is intended to cover the posting of flyers and posters (paper and electronic) in buildings on the Daytona Beach Campus. All flyers must be approved before posting and bear the stamp of the approving unit. Flyers will be stamped with a “remove after” date (when event is over or a maximum of one month).
For flyer approval, go to one of the designated approvers: one each in the Dean’s office of the Colleges of Aviation, Engineering, Business, and Arts & Sciences, plus Flight Operations; Housing & Residence Life; and Student Engagement. Only one approval is needed for posting at all locations on campus.
Prohibited items are those that do not support the mission of the University, such as commercial advertisements (no businesses or apartment complexes); alcohol as the main focus of the ad or event; sexual innuendos and/or nudity or the sexualization of any person or group; the promotion of violence; and the demeaning of persons based on race, nationality, culture, gender, or other characteristic. Ads must be in compliance with all University policies; a copy of University policies can be found on the Honor Code site.
Violating these policies and procedures can result in the loss of the right to post flyers on the Embry-Riddle campus and other possible sanctions.
Flyer Content and Posting Guidelines
- Must provide date, time, location, as well as sponsor/host of event and a contact number
- Registered Student Organizations may post flyers only on bulletin boards in each building (no pillars, painted surfaces, glass, or wood)
- Departments may post on other surfaces in their College with agreement of the Dean’s office (and only using materials that do no damage: magnets, poster putty, Command strips, painters tape)
- May only post one flyer per advertising location
- Any damage occurring as a result of improper advertisement posting will be the responsibility of the person/organization posting the flyers
- Additional policies are in place for A-frames, window wraps, and floor decals that should also be reviewed and adhered to for advertising in and around the Student Union